If you’re wanting to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni online, there are a few different options. This article will list the best places to watch both the original Higurashi series and the sequel series that have been released over the past few years: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni plot:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is one of — if not THE — most popular horror anime of all time. Based on the murder mystery visual novel game of the same name, the series follows Keiichi Maebara as he moves to a rural village known as Hinamizawa in the Summer of 1983. He becomes friends with four of the girls at his new school — Rena, Mion, Satoko and Rika, but what he soon finds out is that his peaceful country life is going to become a lot more violent than he expected.
PLEASE NOTE: This list is only going to mention legal streaming sites to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It will not mention websites where you can watch Higurashi for free.
Since adding anime to its lineup, Netflix boasts a great deal of both popular and lesser-known anime. You can watch the original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni anime on Netflix. You can watch the series either in Japanese with subtitles or dubbed, depending on your preference.
There is no guarantee that you’ll be able to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni on Netflix in your region, so if you log on and don’t see it there, you can solve the issue with a VPN.
How to Watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni on Netflix via VPN
This method works on both desktop PCs and mobile phones or tablets.
- Purchase (or start a free trial) of a VPN. I can confirm that NordVPN works for this purpose.
- In the settings, choose the UK as your location.
- Fire up the VPN and wait for it to do its magic
- Once you’re connected, navigate to Netflix (browser or app)
- Search “Higurashi no Naku Koro ni” in the Netflix search bar and you should see Higurashi no Naku Koro ni pop up.
Enjoy! Please note that if your Netflix library doesn’t update to reflect the country you selected in your VPN, you may have to clear the Netflix cache first and try again.
To to do this on mobile, go to settings –> apps –> Netflix –> clear cache. To do this on PC, you have to clear the cache in your web browser.
I’ve had no trouble using this method and I still use NordVPN to watch anime from various Netflix country libraries daily.
- You can watch anime and other kinds of tv shows and movies on this platform.
- You can use Netflix Party to watch anime together with your friends.
- The library of anime is quite small on this platform compared to other options like Crunchyroll and Funimation.
- You can’t watch anything for free.
Netflix has three different plans. The basic one costs 8.99 USD per month, and the most expensive one costs 17.99 USD per month.
If you prefer a more anime-centred experience, you can watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni online using HIDIVE. HIDIVE is one of the major anime streaming services and is much cheaper than Netflix.
- It’s cheaper than Netflix.
- It has a large library of anime, including uncensored series.
- It’s newer, so it has a smaller anime library than Crunchyroll.
- You must have an account to watch anything on HIDIVE.
It costs 4.99 USD per month for an account on HIDIVE, but if you’d prefer, they have an annual payment option which costs 47.99 USD per year.
You can watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou and Sotsu on Amazon Prime, but unlike Netflix and HIDIVE, you don’t pay a subscription fee. Instead, you pay for episodes individually. This is good if you’re wanting to keep the episodes indefinitely, but has a much higher cost overall.
- You get to keep each episode.
- You don’t need to buy every episode if you don’t like it.
- It’s more expensive to buy individual episodes compared to paying for a month of streaming.
Individual episodes are 2.99 USD, but if you’re wanting to buy the whole season it’ll set you back 22.99 USD. There are currently two seasons of Higurashi available on Amazon Prime, so it’ll cost a total of 46 USD.
Crunchyroll is the most popular anime streaming website globally and boasts over 1,000 different anime series. You can watch both Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou and Sotsu on Crunchyroll for free with ads, or for a subscription fee without ads.
- Crunchyroll has the biggest anime library of any streaming service.
- There is a free option for those who don’t mind ads.
- Crunchyroll doesn’t have every single anime.
- Dubbed is only available to premium users.
You can get the Fan package of Crunchyroll for only 7.99 USD per month and watch all the anime and dramas available on the platform without ads. You can pay a bit more to enjoy extra perks as well. The most expensive package costs 14.99 USD per month.
Hulu is similar to Netflix in that it has both anime and non-anime television and movies. You can watch both dubbed and subbed anime, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou and Sotsu are available on Hulu.
- It’s cheaper than Netflix.
- It has a different library of anime compared to both Netflix and Crunchyroll.
- It has a smaller variety of anime compared to Netflix.
- There is no option to watch shows for free.
The first package of Hulu starts at only 5.99 USD per month. However, this package does include ads. You can pay 11.99 USD per month to get rid of all ads and get a more streamlined experience.