Almost everyone has heard the name Dragon Ball at least once in their lives. Hailed as the father of all shounen anime, it inspired many classics like Naruto and One Piece and got referenced in so many modern anime that you can’t even keep count. Dragon Ball is definitely something special. The anime series first started airing all the way back in 1986, and somehow, it is still ongoing! With a total of around 800 episodes and many, many movies, Dragon Ball is a series that will take you a very long time to watch. However, it’s totally worth it! Below I’ve compiled together a list of the best places to watch Dragon Ball online. I’ll also tell you guys where you can find the Blu-Ray disk sets of the series, so read the entire article!
Dragon Ball Plot:
The plot of Dragon Ball follows the story of a boy named Goku who lives alone in the woods. One day, he meets a girl named Bulma who is on a quest to find all the seven dragon balls. Once someone collects all seven of these balls, he or she can make any single wish, and it will get realized. For some strange reason, Goku already had one of the balls. He decides to tag along with Bulma on this long and awesome journey.
Where to Watch Dragon Ball Online
In this article, I’ll only be mentioning the top 5 legal places to watch Dragon Ball online, so you might have to pay for some of the options below.
Notes on Watching Dragon Ball on Region Locked Platforms
Some platforms (like Netflix) have libraries that differ by region. To get around such blocks, you simply need to find out which region the anime is available in and use a VPN to fake your IP address for that region.
How to Fake your IP Address to Access Geo-Locked Anime
This method works on both desktop PCs and mobile phones or tablets.
- Purchase (or start a free trial) of a VPN. I can confirm that NordVPN works for this purpose.
- In the settings, choose the country the anime is available in as your location.
- Fire up the VPN and wait for it to do its magic
- Once you’re connected, navigate to the anime streaming platform
- Search “Dragon Ball” in the search bar and you should see the anime pop up.
Enjoy! Please note that if the library doesn’t update to reflect the country you selected in your VPN, you may have to clear the app’s cache first and try again.
To to do this on mobile, go to settings -> apps -> Netflix -> clear cache. To do this on PC, you have to clear the cache in your web browser.
Crunchyroll is usually at the top of my list, but sadly, you can only watch Dragon Ball Super on this platform. And even that is only available in the Japanese version with English subtitles. If you have already watched the rest of the series and are only looking to watch the latest season, then this place might work out for you.
- You can also watch many other anime series by subscribing to Crunchyroll.
- Dragon Ball Super can be watched for free if you don’t mind the ads.
- You can only watch the latest season.
- The series is only available in Japanese.
You can get the Fan package of Crunchyroll for only 7.99 USD per month and watch all the anime and dramas available on the platform without ads. You can pay a bit more to enjoy extra perks as well. The most expensive package costs 14.99 USD per month.
4. Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is a pretty good option if you are planning on binging through the entire series, as you can find almost everything on this platform. However, Dragon Ball is not directly available through Amazon Prime, so you will have to spend a lot of money.
- The entire series is available in English.
- Every episode you buy is yours forever.
- The Japanese version is not available for most seasons.
- It costs too much.
You will have to purchase individual episodes of the series. Prices vary, but you can find most episodes for 1.99 USD each.
Hulu lets you watch the entire Dragon Ball part of the series in Japanese with English subtitles, and you can also watch the entire Dragon Ball GT series in Japanese with English subtitles as well. Sadly, the best part of the series, Dragon Ball Z, is not available, and you can only find the first few episodes of Dragon Ball Super.
- You can watch tons of other live-action dramas and anime series on the platform.
- The first month of streaming is free.
- The library of anime available on the platform is pretty small.
The first package of Hulu starts at only 5.99 USD per month. However, this package still includes annoying ads. You can pay 11.99 USD per month to get rid of all ads and get the complete streaming experience.
AnimeLab is one of the best places to watch anime as you can find almost any series here, and you can watch every single anime for free at 480p resolution. The entire dragon ball series is available on the platform, so you can go and start binge-watching it today. However, there is one small problem; you can only access AnimeLab if you are in Australia or New Zealand. If you are subscribed to a good VPN service, then you can still access the entire library of anime by virtually changing your location.
- You can stream hundreds of anime series for free with minimal ads.
- The entire series is available on the platform in English and Japanese.
- You’ll most likely need a VPN service to access the platform.
AnimeLab only has one premium package that costs 7 AUD or 5.10 USD.
If you are looking for the best experience ever without any problems at all, then forget all the other options on this list and simply subscribe to Funimation. The entire anime series, all the movies and a lot of extra content are available on Funimation. Also, the entire Dragon Ball part of the series can be streamed for free.
- The best platform to watch Dragon Ball as every bit of content is available.
- The Series is available in English and Japanese.
- You can stream tons of other anime.
- Many of the episodes of the series can be watched for free.
- You can only watch anime on the platform.
The most affordable package on the website only costs 5.99 USD per month, but you can pay up to 99.99 USD per year for the best experience.
If you are a real fan and a collector, then you’d probably also be interested in buying the Blu-Ray disk sets of the series. They can be expensive, but they are a must if you are a die-hard fan! I’ve listed some links below that let you buy the sets easily.